Course Objectives and Learning Outcomes:
The objective of this course is to introduce to business and non-science students to learn mathematics in a systematic approach approach with sole emphasis in solving business related problems. This course consists of two parts:
- Part 1: Basic mathematics
- Part 2: Application of basic mathematics in business
At the successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Read, interpret, and understand a business problem statement,
- Formulate a solution to the problem,
- Solve the problem with mathematics concepts and formulas
- Perform calculations to answer the business problem statement.
To thoroughly learn the material, this course requires weekly class attendance of 2.5 hours and outside-of-class studies/assignments of 2 to 4 hours.
- Teacher: Francis Yep